Mosquitoes can give some frightening diseases like encephalitis, West Nile or malaria, which may keep you in bed for several days. So keeping mosquitoes away has definitely become an important part of everyone’s life. If you are interested in knowing some effective tactics to keep mosquitoes away then go through this exhaustive guide –
- Opt for LED light bulbs: Mosquitoes are more attracted towards the standard bulb as compared to the LED light bulbs. You can also go for sodium lamps or bug lights of yellow color which plays the role of mosquito repellant.
- Switch on a Fan: As mosquitoes are extremely lightweight, a fan blowing at a high speed can keep the mosquitoes at safer distance from you. You may consider placing the fan near to your desk or bed to get a nice free breeze going.
- Lemon Grass: Planting lemon grass is another effective mosquito repellent method. The strong cent of citronella oil in lemon grass makes it hard to find the human body.
- Stick to proper dress code: Most of the mosquitoes get easily attracted towards the dark color clothes like red, blue, black and orange. Besides this, they are strongly attracted towards the warm clothes. So consider wearing light color and cool clothes to repel the mosquitoes.
- User natural spray of garlic: Garlic is considered as one of the effective natural insect repellants. You may consider adding one part of garlic juice with four parts of water. You can store this mixture in spray bottle and use it whenever required.
- Natural way to repel mosquitoes: Most of the garden plants like rose scented geraniums possess natural ability to repel the mosquitoes. They possess natural insect repellant solutions like geraniol and citronellal which can easily keep mosquitoes away from your home.
Above mentioned methods are the most effective techniques you can follow to repel mosquitoes. However, there are some important precautious which you have to take to control the formation of mosquitoes around you home. Standing water is one of the great sources of mosquitoes. So clear all the unnecessary storage of water in your garden or gallery to control the ability of mosquitoes to breed.