The past winter was a particularly harsh one. If your patio and the furniture in it have been left in a less than desirable state in its wake, do not fret. In this post, we provide you with several useful tips on how to clear your patio and clean your patio furniture after winter. After you follow them, you will be sure to enjoy your patio and bask in good weather in the company of friends, family and food. Without further ado, here goes:
- De-clutter your patio. The first thing that you need to do is clear your patio and lay aside any items that don’t belong there or are in need of repair.
- Bust out your broom, dustpan and hose. Use these cleaning items to get rid of dirt, debris, leaves and anything else that needs to be cleared.
- Gather your metal and plastic furniture. Metal furniture is particularly susceptible to damage from winter elements so inspect it carefully. Use rust remover or petroleum jelly if necessary. On the other hand, plastic furniture can be made to look good as new by washing it with warm soapy water and drying it thoroughly with a rag afterwards. Do a quick check of the screws and connections on your metal furniture. Tighten what is loose.
- Repaint the pieces that you can. While you may not be able to give plastic furniture a fresh coat of paint, you can opt to reface wood, wicker and metal pieces. Before painting, ensure that the surface is clean and that you use the right type of paint for the material. Live up to the theme of spring and summer and put dreary winter vibes behind you by choosing colors like sunny yellow, brilliant red, and tantalizing turquoise.
- Add new pieces to your furniture collection. This is the perfect time to spruce up your patio. You can add flowerpots with colorful and alluring flowers and plants. You can also add a fire pit for cool nights or a table. The point is to make it a sanctuary you will enjoy.