It seems like just yesterday when we celebrated Labour Day and now here it is again. Whether you are having a couple of friends over for a BBQ or are you are simply looking to make the atmosphere a little more festive, doing a little house cleaning will definitely make your home more attractive and a pleasure to celebrate the special day in. Here are a few tasks that you can do to ensure that your house is clean for Labour Day:
- Make sure that every bed in the house is made. People are often surprised by how much difference making their beds can make. Rearrange picture frames, dust countertops, mantles, get rid of any clutter lying around, and put everything in its proper place.
- Do the dishes. One of the fastest ways for dishes to accumulate is by allowing them to sit in the sink for more than a day. If you want to get the job done quick, wash the dishes as soon as possible after each usage. Wipe the counter kitchen, sink and stove while you are at it. Wipe the kitchen table as well and get rid of any leftovers.
- Head to the bathroom and wipe the mirror, sink, toilet and faucet handles. Use a cleaner in the tub and scrub the toilet. This is sure to leave your bathroom spic and span.
- Make a habit of vacuuming your home. This ensures that dust does not settle. Other allergens also tend to linger in the area if homes are not vacuumed regularly. This is especially important if anybody in your home suffers from allergies.
- Remove shoes before entering the house. This helps to eliminate the dirt and dust that comes with a pair of shoes that have been used outdoors. Store your clothes in the proper places.
If you have the budget for it or simply do not have the time to do the cleaning yourself, hire a cleaning service. Desperate situations call for desperate measures. Hire a cleaning service to do the job for you.