Quartz countertops are made from synthetic polymer and quartz stone. They are naturally glossy and that’s the reason why they don’t require regular polishing. However, there are some precautions which you have to take in order to clean your quartz countertops so that they will always keep shining. Here we have highlighted some important quartz countertops cleaning methods to make your job easy.
- Always prefer non-abrasive surface cleaners to get rid of heavy or dried stains. To be on safer side, you can opt for sponges which are especially designed to clean non-stick pans.
- Similar to other countertops, your quartz countertops may attract dirt and dust. So rather than opting for any complicated cleaning technique, you can simply clean the countertops with a mixture of hot water and liquid detergent.
- Most of the manufacturers offer a warranty on their quartz countertops. So if you use any abrasive solutions to clean your countertops then this warranty may be voided.
- Avoid using highly alkaline or acidic cleaners like bleach, turpentine, drain cleaners or nail polish remover. If you accidently used these solutions then clean the surface of quarts countertops using a mild detergent and rinse it with water.
- Though surface of quartz countertops is scratch resistant, avoid using sharp objects like screw drivers or knives in order to remove stains from countertops.
- Try to keep the top surface of quartz countertops dry to avoid soap or water streaks. In order to get rid of these streaks, you can prefer a natural cleaning method of using white vinegar solution along with water.
- Avoid exposing your quartz countertops to extreme hard pressure and temperature changes. Never put a hot pan or pot directly on the surface of countertops as quartz countertops tend to get damaged by temperature changes
Above mentioned cleaning methods are some of the most effective tactics to clean your quartz countertops. Sticking to these techniques will definitely help your quartz countertops to keep shining for longer time.